- a cognitive
- that which power can create.
Close to ideology, legitimation - beauty is an important part of this
- for people to accept power, its legitimation must be very satisfactory
- subtle, beautiful, fascinating, intelligent, even true.
- an echo of a successful structure of
- the remains of a non-echoing, but still meaningful structure of
legitimation - e.g. art of Australian Aborigines.
- non-vulgarity. The ability to discern quality, to conquer echos.
Defining this point is very difficult. It
has to do with beauty, balance, health, joy. But the roots of these
qualities are so manifold that they always contain elements of pathology. Being
"cultured" therefore involves the ability to sift out these qualities. A
certain mistakenness will always acompany this ability.